Things to do in De Rust
Unique place for an overnight stop on route to one of many destinations. Nestled between the Swartberg and Kammanassie Mountains, the village is the gateway to the Great- and Klein Karoo
Activities in De Rust
- Variety of accommodation, restaurants.
- Hiking trails, cycling, bird watching, fresh water fishing and watersport on the Stompdrift Dam.
- Support the Donkey Awareness Project and enjoy a ride on our unique and rebuilt donkey carts through the town.
- Fresh air, moonlit nights and clear skies are perfect for stargazing.
- A photographer’s and artist’s paradise!
- Beautiful picnic spots can be found in Meiringspoort which has become one of the most visited spots in the Klein Karoo.
- The Meiringspoort waterfall drops 60m into a deep pool.
- 2Doorn Equine Horseriding www.doornkraal.co.za
- De Rustica Olive Estate Olive Oil Tasting and Tour www.derustica.co.za