Sable Sleepover Hide
Sable Sleepover Hide
Situated approximately 10km from of Phalaborwa Gate, is a unique accommodation facility where guests can feel part of nature.
A bird hide by day, it transforms into a primitive overnight dwelling by night, where a select few can experience the Kruger National Park nightlife first hand. The hide overlooks the Sable Dam where an abundance of animals gather to drink. Hear the lion roar and the hippo grunt meters away from where you are sleeping and know this is a true African experience.
It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy as the hide must be reserved in entirety (minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 guests at one time). Sable sleepover hide must be vacated half an hour after gate opening times.
- Sleeping units are contained in wooden structures that are locked to the inside wall of the hide by day.
- At night these structures fold down to construct a light bed base. Mattresses can be found in the cupboard at the hide. If required, bedding is available at Reception on payment of a deposit. Each bedding bag consists of a duvet, pillow, duvet cover, sheet, mattress protector, pillowcase and mosquito net.
- An environmental toilet is available for the overnight guests in a separate area on the hide perimeter.
- The living area comprises of boma with braai (barbeque) facilities. There is no electricity. (One light, that operates for about 5 hours, is provided on request.) Please bring your own lighting.
- Only the very perimeter of the facility is fenced and guests are advised to exercise caution at all times. Your vehicle may be pulled into the lapa at the hide during the night for safety purposes. Do not leave the enclosure at night.
- No cooking utensils such as cutlery, crockery or any other cooking equipment is provided. The hide is fully self-catering and guests are advised to bring their own food, wood and water.
Sable Sleepover Hide is managed form Phalaborwa Gate and has no Reception area.
Guests are required to report to Phalaborwa Gate for check-in to acquire keys, bedding, braai grid and light. Accommodation at Sable hide is well suited for adventurous guests who are looking for a primitive, close to nature, self-catering bushveld experience.
Tel: +27 (0)12 428 9111
Web page: https://www.sanparks.org/