A small town on the banks of the Vaal River, next to the N3 highway in the Free State Province of South Africa.
Founded in 1882 on two farms, Pearson Valley and Grootdraai, owned by Lourens de Villiers.
Some buildings and structures date back to the beginning of the 2oth century. Restored examples
of sandstone architecture and a beautiful church at the centre of town with a high pitched slate roof are evident.