Campsites in Port Shepstone
Things to do in Port Shepstone
Situated on the mouth of the largest river on the south coast of KwaZulu-Natal. The Mzimkulu River. It is located between Hibberdene and Margate and is located 120 km south of Durban.
Things to do:
- Offers unspoiled sandy beaches with warm waters rich in marine life
- Fishing, scuba diving, snorkelling, swimming.
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve. Bizarre rock formations, waterfalls, campsites, birdwatching and accommodation
- Port Shepstone Country Club one of the country’s top rated golf courses.
For the adventure traveller
Lake Eland Game Reserve
- Zip Line Tour a guided zip line tour (14 slides)
- Zip Extreme has the first slide being a 1km “straight-down” thrilling ride reaching speeds of up to 160 kms per hour and then 2 more slides to the collection point.
- Enjoy a 5km guided tour on a non-motorized scooter on the game reserve with beautiful views of the magnificent Oribi Gorge and wild life, including impala, blesbok, giraffe, zebra, etc.
- One of the main highlights visiting Lake Eland Game Reserve is to walk across our 80m Suspension Bridge. Not only is it exhilarating to walk across the Suspension Bridge, but it is quite an achievement for many of us who are fearful of heights. The views from the Suspension Bridge are breathtaking and you will be inspired by the magnificence and grandeur of the Oribi Gorge.