MTB Trails North & South Coast of KZN
Holla Trails Sugar Rush
Closest Town: Ballito
Distance: From 16km to 85km Easy to Moderate
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Especially when introducing new riders or kids to the trails. We have seen many people being put off riding after arriving back shattered because their mates/parents took them for a long ride that they weren’t ready for.
- Take some snacks and enough fluids to sustain you longer than you think you will be out (even better, take a picnic, find a cool spot and chill).
- If you get lost, go back to the last place you saw an arrow and try again.
- Don’t forget to stop and enjoy the views.
- Join two short trails together instead of doing a huge long route. This keeps you closer to the trailhead than one long route and will have more single track per
Tel:+27 (0)82 899 3114
Giba Gorge MTBike Park
Closest Town: Pinetown
Distance: Various Intermediate to extreme
A range of beautifully manicured trails traverse the 250ha Bike Park, set within a valley blessed with a distinctive, powdery red soil. There are four trail options to choose from: a 10.2km Orange Route, a 5.2km Green Route, a 6.7km Blue Route and finally the 1.2km Giba Downhill.
Tel: 031 769 1527 / 031 769 1419
Rocky Bay MTB Trails
Closest Town: Park Rynie – Scottburgh
Distance: 11,19,29 and 36km Easy – Difficult
Starting at Rocky Bay Resort’s main gate, the trails head off into Ellingham Estate, a private sugar-cane estate. For the first 3km all the trails use the same farm road, before the 11km trail splits away from the three other trails. All the trials make use of farm roads, jeep tracks and great compacted smooth singletrack. The elevation gain on the trials varies, from a total climb of 400m on the 19km trail to 620m on the 29km and 780m on the 36km trail.
Tel: +27 (0)39 976 0336
Virginia Farm MTB Trails
Closest town: Eston
Distance: 28km easy to extreme
The 28kmNorth Loopwill take you to the Gods Window viewpoint over the Gwahumbe River valley as well as ‘Strelizia Plunge’, a single-track descent blasting through indigenous bush, with tight corners, drops, rocky sections and a bridge or two. The‘Arum Rush Trail’ is on the Orange section of the North loop, while the 12km East Loop offers aflat and fast crank.
Virginia Trails is made up of an East, West and a North Loop that can all be combined into at least 9 different loops.
Tel: +27 (0)83 781 1042
Closet Town: Port Shepstone
Distance: 40km easy to extreme
- The Zip Line Tour includes entrance into Lake Eland Game Reserve, guided zip line tour (14 slides), a return trip to Zip Line office. A must do !!
- 5km guided tour on a non-motorized scooter on the game reserve with beautiful views of the magnificent Oribi Gorge and wildlife, including impala, blesbok, giraffe, zebra, etc.
- One of the main highlights for guests visiting Lake Eland Game Reserve is to walk across our 80m Suspension Bridge.
- Game drives Lake Eland has a variety of routes that one can select depending on the amount of time you have to spend touring the Game Reserve.
- MTB routes
- Horse rides, walking and single track mountain bike trails, paintball, fishing, picnic sites and specific 4×4 track are available.
Tel: +27 (0) 39 687 0395
Cell: +27 (0) 83 257 9468
Web page: www.lakeeland.co.za
Closet Town: Port Edward
Distance: Up to 16km Easy to Difficult
Although you will be riding on single-track and jeep tracks for 90% of the time, an occasional stretch of tarmac is now and then used to link sections of the ride. All trail options traverse the calypso coastline of the balmy Indian Ocean, crisscrossing stands of shady coffee trees within the Beaver Creek Coffee Estate
Tel: +27 83 549 6710
For more info go to: www.mtbroutes.co.za