Mazambala Island Lodge
Nestled amoungst tall tropical trees and palms, the thatched main lodge is built on three-metre high stilts. Guests have the opportunity to enjoy fine meals and ice cold drinks, while enjoying the birdlife in this veritable treehouse.
The main lodge consists of a thatched lounge/bar/restaurant on 2.5 meter high stilts with stunning views over the flood plain. Enjoy excellent meals and ice cold drinks while watching grazing antelope.
A twelve meter high tower with two viewing platforms offers sweeping views of the papyrus and reed lined river and its vast flood plain. Enjoy African sunsets and sip sundowners while watching animals coming to the river to drink.
Relax around nightly fires on the traditional “lapa” while listening to the beat of distant drums, grunting hippos and a chorus of bell frogs.
In addition a fifteen meter long swimming pool adds to the enjoyment of a stay at Mazambala.
- Attractive camp site on the banks of the Kwando River.
- Located 15 minute boat ride from the main lodge.
- There are seven large campsites and two ablution blocks with toilets and hot and cold running water for showers.
- Firewood is available for purchase at the campsite.
- Campers are welcome to enjoy meals in the restaurant or to participate in any of the activities offered by the lodge, subject to availability.
The campsite staff will assist campers with making reservations at the lodge.
Please note that the lodge is not always reachable by car, and is reachable other times by boat from the campsite
Tel: +264 (0) 66-25-46-25
Cell: +264 (0) 81-219-4884
Web page: www.mazambala.com