Dqae Qare San Lodge
Unique Kalahari experience as it is owned and run by the San (Bushmen) people. Set up as a social enterprise the Dqae Qare San Lodge supports the local San D’Kar community through employment and is a crucial project in the San’s quest for cultural survival.
At Dqae Qare San Lodge you will be welcomed by the San themselves who will prepare your rooms and meals and ensure your authentic experience of San culture through the range of cultural activities they offer. Accommodation and facilities are basic but clean and functional and the Lodge is located on their beautiful 7500 hectare game farm. At Dqae Qare San Lodge you can enjoy a genuine experience of the open spaces and quiet peace of the Kalahari in the company of the wonderfully open and friendly San people.
- Extensive campsite is situated 300 metres from the Lodge under large Camelthorn trees.
- 10 x Individual campsites with traditional San windbreaks and a circular fire pit with barbeque (braai) facilities.
- Large Overland Campsite with a covered area that includes a washing up facility.
- Ablutions have solar water heaters or donkey boilers and simple solar lights.
- Guests at the campsite are welcome to join the Lodge for meals by prior arrangement and are free to enjoy the Lodge facilities.
Tel: +267 7252 7321
Web page: www.dqae.org