Dimalachite River Lodge
Situated on the banks of the Vaal-river, close to Parys, in the Vredefort-Dome World Heritage Site.
The camping facility has a three star grading
- 60 x Camp-sites on the riverbank to choose from and braai facilities.
- 28 x Fishing sites are directly on the water, a bit more expensive – less shade so please bring a gazebo.
- 32 x Non fishing sites are in the second row
- Maximum six people per stand.
- They book specific sites for you when doing a booking, and you only pay for the number of people on the stand.
- There are three sculleries with warm and cold water for dish washing.
- The stands are ±10m x 10m and bigger, and allow up to 6 people per stand.
- Most of the camp-sites have grass and trees for shade, but the more shade there is, the less grass there is.
- There are two ladies and two mens ablution blocks in Kiewiet camp that, although are rather old buildings, are well maintained with staff cleaning on a regular basis.
- There are two family ablution blocks in Visarend camp.
- If you want to enjoy the evening around a camp-fire, please bring a suitable burner that will keep the heat from the grass. .
- Fires on the ground are strictly prohibited. Please use braai stands for braai or camp fires.
- All sites next to the river have a lovely view over the river. The non fishing sites in the second row are not directly on the river.
Biker Friendly but must contact resort before hand