|Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
The |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld climate is harsh and dry, with extreme temperatures of up to 53 degrees Celsius having been recorded in mid-summer. Activities should be restricted to early mornings and late afternoons. Nights are cool, but may become chilly during winter. Heavy night-time dew occurs in the park.
Potjiespram Rest Camp
- New ablutions have been built and showers (cold water only) are available.
- There are 18 Campsites and an Environmental Education Centre where school groups can stay over in traditional Nama huts.
De Hoop Camp Site
- This remains one of the most popular spots in the park and ablutions (cold showers) have been built to service 12 Campsites.
Richtersburg Camp Site
- As for De Hoop, this camp, which lies on the banks of the river, has been upgraded with ablutions (cold showers) to service six (6) Campsites.
Kokerboomkloof Camp Site
- The 8 camp sites are serviced by dry toilets.
- No water is available on site and the nearest water point is at Richtersberg (32km) away.
- Toilets available
- Access through Sendelingsdrift
- No power
- No shower / wash facilities
- Very rustic
Tel: +27 (0)27 831 1506
Web page: www.sanparks.org