Where the Marienfluss Valley opens onto the Kunene River, in the northernmost part of the Kunene Region; the distance from Opuwo is about 230 km.Okarohombo Campsite is remote and set in an area of breathtaking natural beauty and populated by the local Himba population. Meet with the local Himba population who have lived there for hundreds of years adapting their lifestyle to the harsh climatic conditions.
- 5 x Secluded camp sites with braai area
- Water tap and adjacent flushing toilets and showers
- Shade from mature trees.
- Please note that access to the Marienfluss Valley is by 4×4 only & should be negotiated with great care.
- Firewood is in very short supply – please bring your own or cook with gas.
- There are crocodiles in the Kunene River – you are advised to exercise extreme care.
- The Okarohombo Campsite is a community based initiative supported by NACOBTA.