Mtentu is a community owned campsite. Which has only recently gone through a transition where a new vision was born, creating hope for both the campsite as well as the community. The campsites main purpose is to create stability for the community and help promote sustainability.
It is situated across the river from the Mkambati Nature Reserve. Guests are welcome to cross the river and hike to the waterfalls and explore this untouched piece of coastline. With these hidden natural gems slowly decreasing we aim to share this paradise with those who wish to experience it.
6 x Tented platformsEach tent has either 2 single beds or a bunk bed and a single bed
A boma which serves as a lounge and dining room. Couches, tables and coffee station
A kitchen/pantry with bowls, plates, pots, knifes and forks etc.
3 x Gas freezers to keep your meat and drinks cool.
Cooking equipment this includes a gas cooker, weeber and a skottle
Toilet facilities include 2 solar heated showers and 2 eco friendly toilets
What to bring alone
- Sleeping Essentials any bedding that you may require. (Sheets ,pillows, blankets etc)
- Hygiene Essentials any cleaning supplies ( soap, dish washing liquid, sponge etc)
- Fire Essentials fire Lighters, Charcaol and Firewood for camp fires
- Rubbish black bags all refuse needs to be taken back with you. Leave it as you found it.
- Toiletries toilet paper and any other bathroom necessities
- Lighting bring torches and batteries as lighting is very limited
Cell: 083 648 2506 / 082 699 3665
Driving form Durban
Mtentu Campsite is about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive from Durban city with the last section of road being a well maintained dust road which we advise people to drive carefully especially during the night as there are people, animals and no street lights. There are two routes you can take, one being the more scenic route (mainly for vehicles with higher clearance or 4×4’s) and the other is the more inland safer route