Mount Park Guest Farm
Mount Park Guest Farm is situated in the beautiful Upper Dargle region of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, at the foot of the iNhlosane Mountain – 37 km from Howick.
We provide self-catering accommodation, camping facilities as well as two equipped caravans. Safari tents are available too.
The diverse combination of grasslands, indigenous forest and flowing streams provides an atmosphere of peace and tranquility. The 120 hectare working farm has close to 30 hectares of natural forest. There is an amazing variety of bird life and mammals. You may be lucky enough to hear the very rare Tree Hyrax, with its distinctive cry, on a warm night.
Meals and beverages are served in the Bull and Speir restaurant for all guests. Menu available on request. We also have a selection of frozen pre-cooked meals, treats and some necessities for purchase at our reception shop. Firewood available at a minimal cost.
Please note that Mount Park Guest Farm provides tranquil and peaceful Midlands Meander accommodation and no music and unruly behaviour are allowed, unless a group booking has booked out the entire resort for a more lively party.
A feeling of peace and tranquility is created by our 170 year old Oak tree next to a running stream in the camp site area.
- 11 x Caravan sites with braai’s and electrical points
- 8 x Without electrical points
- Old ablution block 2 x toilets, 1 bath and 1 shower, dishwashing facilities.
- New ablution block. Ladies 2 x showers plus 3 x toilets. Men 2 x showers plus 2 x toilets & 2 urinals. Dishwashing facilities
2 x Sleeper Safari Tents
- 2 x single beds (linen and towels provided)
- Table & 2 chairs
- One plate gas stove plus kettle to make coffee / tea
- No electricity
- No cooking allowed inside tents
- Bring your own braai and other cooking equipment
- Garden furniture provided
4 x Sleeper dorm safari tent
- 2 x Bunk beds (linen and towels provided)
- Table & 4 chairs
- No electricity
Two caravans available
- The Glamper: A cosy caravan with tent to lounge around it – sleeps 4 people (two double beds inside caravan). Linen, towels and camping gear included. No television. Braai area and fire-pit with garden furniture. Use ablution facilities.
- Gypsey cottage: A caravan with a difference! they’ve build a wooden cabin around this old caravan, giving you a spacious sitting room and self-catering kitchen. It also has its own secluded fire-pit / conversation area, surrounded by indigenous forest and reached by a bridge which crosses over one of the many streams on the property.
- Sleeps 5 people(double bed and toilet inside caravan and double / single bunk bed in wooden cabin (linen and towels provided). No television. Use ablution facilities.Special monthly rates available.
Special monthly rates available.
Option of hiring a staff member to do 3 x washing of dishes daily at a minimal fee
No pets allowed
Tel: +27 (0) 33 234 4601
Cell: 082 524 5444
Web page: www.mountpark.co.za