Hudup Camp Site
Small cosy campsite with clean ablutions on the C19 road nearby the little town of Maltahöhe. Only 6 camp sites are available.It is accessible with a normal car and not crowded in a tranquil environment.
- Campsite lies next to the Hudup River, one of the greater water carriers towards the Fish River, and is a mecca for bird lovers.
- Over 100 different species were counted next to the riverbanks. Birds like the African jacana, fish eagle and pelicans frequently visit the waters next to the campsite.
- Other common birds are the kori bustard, lovebirds, pale chanting goshawk and many more.
- Enjoy the sunset after a tiring day’s drive and wander along the river’s hiking trails.
- One of the lesser known canyons -Bushman’s Canyon, named after the bushmen who meandered through the valley before anybody else did using the rivers permanent waterpools for their drinking spot, can be viewed by special request.
- 2 x Self catering bungalows are part of the campsite.
Tel: +264 632 93 512
Cell: +264 81 226 9518
Hudup Camp Site – SA Campsites