Addo Elephant National Park – Kabouga Mvubu campsite
Situated on the banks of the Sundays River
- 6 x Stands with a maximum of 4 people per stand.
- One hot water shower (paraffin-powered) and one flush toilet are available.
- There are braai sites and visitors must provide their own firewood.
- Water for washing is available but visitors should take their own drinking water.
- Canoes are available for use on the Sundays River – please contact the ranger on duty.
- Swimming and fishing is allowed in the Sundays River but please note that hippos do occur in the river and could be potentially dangerous.
The campsite is accessible with high clearance vehicles only and is located near the town of Kirkwood, approximately 45 minutes to one hour’s drive from Addo Rest Camp. The Kabouga area is not home to the Big Five.
Tel: +27 (0) 42 233 8600
Payment is made at the gate with cash or cheque (no card facilities available)